Sunday, November 7, 2010

Wahoo - it's my one year weight loss anniversary

A year ago on November the 7th, I weighed 26kgs heavier than I do today (holding steady at 79) and my waist, at 42 inches, was 11 inches rounder. I have started swimming again after many years of not even trying, and can go for long walks. I use anti-inflammatories, mild pain killers and artificial sweetener as and when needed. I had always thought of these things as bad for you, but have discovered it's even worse not to use the things that are going to help liberate me from excess body fat. My Hashimoto's is probably as under control as it can be, and the steady weight loss has helped to gradually increase the effect of the medication without going through the horrors of adjusting to an increased dose of synthetic hormone. I have more energy than I have had in many years, and people I haven't seen in a while are gob smacked when they see me. I now have as many days when I feel good as when I feel shite. Yes, there is something else going on that is about to get addressed, but looking back over the past few years and the successes I've experienced in battling smoking, Hashimoto's & medication, as well as losing weight, I'm sure I can handle this. I've stopped asking why I constantly have some health thing to battle as there is no answer; I just have to get on with it, which is what I plan to keep doing. I'm looking forward to the next year, with new adventures, foods, people, challenges, shopping and getting to re-experience 'civilization,' whatever that may be. I would really like to get a cat.

3 comments:

  1. Aly,
    So sorry to hear you are you dealing with Hashimoto’s. I actually had Hashimoto’s myself and used natural means to put it into remission. Now I work as a Holistic Health Counselor and teach others to do the same. It sounds like you're putting alot of effort with your weight loss and I really commend you for that! Would love to chat with you more about what you’re going through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    I'm Ave from Spain and I collect map and flag postcards from all over the world and I wanted to ask if you could send me a written and stamped postcard from Cambodia.
    I would be really happy to add a new country to my collection.

    Please let me know if you can help me with my collection.

    My postcard blog: http://tite-roy-gatra-pc.blogspot.com/

    madeincanarias at yahoo dot es

    Saludos,
    Ave

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I have been preoccupied lately and forgot to reply. I will try to send you a card soon.

    ReplyDelete