Sunday, March 27, 2011

WTF moments this week...

...and there have been a few. The !!!!!!!! one occurred on Thursday afternoon just after I arrived home from work. I passed out. When I woke up some time later (about 40 mins) I was extremely confused, my heart was racing and my legs felt like lead had been transfused into them. It took about half an hour before the nagging thought that I really needed to eat something could push itself hard enough through the utter confusion in my brain to energise me enough to propel me off the couch. I grabbed the first thing that came to hand, which was a potato, bunged it in the microwave and was standing staring at it going around and around (truly an amazing sight when you've left most of your brain function behind) when my flatmate come home all excited about something. All I can remember is being completely flummoxed as to why her mother's dog was in the microwave with my potato. This episode was preceded by feeling cold and clammy all afternoon, as well as several days of minor hypoglycaemic attacks. Note to self: I cannot go 7 hours without food on continuous days and/or when I am busy.


The second and third big WTF!!! moments came at my Saturday morning Weight Watchers meeting. The 'facilitator' of this meeting is something of a witchy kind of cow even on a good day, but this day she decided that she needed to be in control of me. I wear orthotics in my shoes so the weigh-in ladies get me to weigh my shoes first, then put them back on and jump on the scales. Cow-lady decided that I wasn't allowed to do that. Yes, that's right - NOT ALLOWED. And it wasn't just that I wasn't allowed, it was the vicious way she went about it. The woman beside me was quite shocked. Now, I'll tell you what. When I am paying good money for a service and especially a support service, I expect to get bang for my buck, not some sour faced bully-bitch having a go at me because she can't keep her septic personality in check. This wasn't the first time I had witnessed her inner bitch surfacing, as she has been aggressive with members during meetings and often overrode their contributions. I left immediately, went home, cancelled my WW subscription, went shopping for bathroom scales, bought a fabulous, full length, lacy coat-dress with a fur trimmed collar (another inspiration piece), got my hair cut and had a massage. I spent money I'm saving to move into my own apartment but what the hell, it was good therapy. 


The other big WTF moment was actually the result on the scales. After a week of back to the basics dieting (hey, I gave myself a hypoglycaemic attack with it all), I only lost 300 grams. On top of the previous week losing only 200 grams, that tells me SOMETHING IS WRONG. Either the scales lady lied - she did after all have Medusa hanging over her shoulder - or I've got something going on that needs attending to. I suspect a bit of both.


This week's goals are to continue the diet but plan the timing a bit better and be prepared for getting caught short (of food that is), and to get an appointment with a local doctor who practices integrated medicine. I just hope she isn't too busy...

No comments:

Post a Comment