Sunday, August 5, 2012

Damn, I'm good...

...from an interview of renowned nutritional counsellor, Dr Raymond Peat by thyroid advocate Mary Shomon:


High cholesterol is more closely connected to hypothyroidism than hypertriglyceridemia is. Increased T3 will immediately increase the conversion of cholesterol to progesterone and bile acids. When people have abnormally low cholesterol, I think it's important to increase their cholesterol before taking thyroid, since their steroid-forming tissues won't be able to respond properly to thyroid without adequate cholesterol.


And then he talks about progesterone and oestrogen and the effects of too much/not enough of each. Back in the day when I was still young enough to take the contraceptive pill, I could not tolerate the combined pill as it made me ill, but the progesterone only one was fine and in fact I felt so much better. Nice to know there is an explanation that makes sense.  Makes me think of all those doctors with their "whatever," attitude, and not in a good way.

No comments:

Post a Comment