Monday, September 6, 2010

the little pill of happiness

I certainly have not been feeling myself for about a month now, but this morning woke up refreshed, energised and even happy. So what happened overnight to bring about this sunny morning disposition? Nothing more exciting than a little white pill that you chew up and swallow down. And what might be the purpose of this little white pill, hmmmm? Intestinal happiness, aka parasite control. Yep, I had worms and they made me miserable. 


The really silly thing is that since I've been living in Asia, I go through this about once a year. I totally forget that it is wise to take a preventative dose every six months and end up getting myself into a miserable, parasitic state. I feel like the proverbial goldfish swimming around the bowl, constantly forgetting everything and relearning everything. Is this just me or another example of Hashi memory?


Oh, and I don't believe that goldfish 'forget' quite so easily. I once trained a goldfish to a food command which would have been impossible if what they say about goldfish memory is true. It does make a nice analogy for Hashi memory though.

2 comments:

  1. Just to reassure a fellow blogger that I am still "following" your blog Aly.

    Never a dull moment when detailing a life lived with hypothyroidism is there? Keep fighting the good fight and I'll be following.

    By the way, I recommended your blog to "thyroid.about.com" run by the wonderful Mary J. Shomon. I hope the link works....

    http://thyroid.about.com/u/reviews/blogs/Favorite-Thyroid-Blogs-Sites/?nl=1

    Kind regards, Robert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Robert, and good to see you back online.

    ReplyDelete