Tuesday, July 20, 2010

the consequences...

...the scales don't lie. Sunday 11th of July, I weighed 85kgs (+1.5), then Sunday 18th July I had gained another 1 kg up to 86. With work dominating life, I was not cooking properly, eating properly and drinking too much wine to try to wind down in a hurry before I went to bed to start the whole thing over again the next day. 


The 2.5kg increase was enough of a wake-up call to re-energise my dietary efforts and I'm happy to say that I'm back on the diet train. Well, for the past 3 days anyway. This has also been accompanied by an explosion of kitchen related activity in order to produce tasty stuff to keep me going during those times when all I can manage to do is hack a few bits of lettuce and tomato together. My poor little refrigerator is groaning under the weight of the food I have stuffed into it, and my freezer is full of pre-portioned, high quality protein options as well as myriad freezeable herbs and spices such as basil, kaffir limes & leaves, galangal, mint, ginger and even lemon grass. I finally feel prepared to take on my schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment