Wednesday, June 9, 2010

the first deadly sin...

My biggest deadly sin is coffee. I love it. I love it best Vietnamese style, which can only be described as coffee sex, but I also love short espresso, long espresso, latte and I even love instant. I love coffee flavoured ice-cream, milk and cake. I even travel with the stuff. It's a deal breaker. No coffee? Then point me to the exit, I'm out'ta here.
Given that I have Hashi's and get oesophageal ulcers, I am not supposed to have caffeine, let alone the bucket loads of coffee I so desire. So, how do I get to have my coffee and drink it too?
  • Firstly and most importantly, and this cannot be said loud enough or long enough, take your meds. If you don't, you're fcukt from the start. 
  • Eat before the first coffee of the day to give your innards a fighting chance
  • Drink water to flush the caffeine through before it irritates your delicate inner bits.
  • There will come a time of day after which coffee consumption will result in sleeplessness. Learn it & don't abuse it.
  • When coffee no longer helps in terms of alertness, the time has unfortunately come to re-set the caffeine clock. This is painful. It requires 3-4 days of NO CAFFEINE, followed by the reintroduction of 1 cup of coffee per day, immediately after breakfast. In severe cases, a break of a week or longer may be required.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment