Wednesday, June 23, 2010

in recovery...

Two & a half days back in the land of the conical hat not only did bad things for my stress levels, it also did some very bad things to my tummy. The less said about that, the better. My thyroid symptoms have also been elevated, particularly joint pain mostly in hands & arms but also knees & feet. I have been tested for arthritic conditions recently and I do not have any kind of arthritis so this is pure thyroid tantrum territory. And it's not the first time I've had ridiculous levels of joint pain.


So, what to do for it? Lots of liquids. It doesn't seem to matter what as long as it's lots; water, pots & pots of green tea, coffee and soda water with a splash of lemon juice all seem to work well together. The next thing is to make the pain in my hands much worse and then it gets better. I sit on a hard floor and put my hands palm down then push to bend back the fingers as hard as I can. After several scalp tingling, hair raising waves of pain, it rapidly reduces. Repeat as often as necessary. Emergency massage of at least one & a half hours is necessary. Ask for a gentler level of massage than you would normally have as a regular strength one can leave you just as crippled. Try not to sit too long in one position or hold a hunched posture. Consciously, stretch and lengthen whichever bits need it at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment