Friday, June 4, 2010

the losing weight thing...

To be fair, I'm already about half way along in the weight loss department so this will not be a blow by blow from the beginning. I will of course, hark back to it. 


I started last November while still living in Ho Chi Minh City and had lost about 20kgs (44 pounds). Then came April and with it an operation, followed by a fair amount of champagne (actually Prosecco) and other goodies in early May, consumed in honour of leaving the country and moving on to the unseen future. 


Having arrived in the unseen future in Phnom Penh, I've spent the past couple of weeks familiarising myself with the food scene; supermarkets, gourmet shops, local markets and salad bars as well as the surprisingly and pleasingly good wine selection.


All in all, one thing has led to another and I find myself a victim of waist expansion once again. Time to get back to business.



No comments:

Post a Comment