Sunday, August 1, 2010

Getting to the truth of the weighing matter

The weigh in after being back on the plan for a second week.


Weigh - 82kgs down 0.5
Waist - 32 inches down 1/2 an inch


A somewhat disappointing result as week 2 should still be pulling good numbers and I also felt in myself that I did have a good loss this week. So, what's going on? I did make some off plan choices during the week but nothing that could be said to have weight gaining properties. I may not have had enough raw food stuff as this does accelerate the loss, however I think it mostly has something to do with waking up sick this morning after oversleeping for 3 hours and having intense & intensely weird dreams. I very rarely oversleep so it's always a sign that all is not well/Aly is not well and I have always found that sickness does weird things to my weight i.e. I gain. I have wondered if this is a thyroid thing. It just has that thyroid kind of perverse logic to it.


On the bright side, things are still heading in the right direction and this week my bum fell off. That's right folks, one day I had a curvy ass bouncing along behind me, that I could literally feel bounce, and the next day, no more curvy ass. Even the mirror shows a flat posterial profile. See this is what bugs me. My ass falls off and I only lose half a kilo so my ass only weighed that much? Come on! ! I've had that thing following me around for years so I KNOW it weighed more than that. Also the half inch off the waist would indicate a real weight loss of 2 to 2.5kgs which is what I thought it would be. Herein lays a very valuable piece of advice. Don't just weigh yourself, also measure the waist as sometimes odd things are going on in our bodies which result in weight loss not showing on the scales. They aren't exactly lying, they just ain't uncovering the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment